Pioneer Woman's Signature Recipe: Spring Stir Fry
Fresh asparagus is truly a springtime treat!
• 1 half stick (4 tbsp.) Land O Lakes® Salted Butter
• 3 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 pound whole jumbo shrimp, peeled, deveined, tails removed
• 3 carrots, peeled and chopped
• 1/2 pound asparagus, ends trimmed off, cut into 2-inch pieces
• 1 1/2 cups fresh or frozen green peas
• Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
• 1/4 cup finely minced fresh parsley
• Fresh Parmesan shavings, as desired
Heat 2 tablespoons of the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add minced garlic and stir to cook for 1 minute. Add the shrimp to the skillet and cook for 3 minutes, or until opaque. Remove the shrimp and garlic to a plate. Do not clean skillet.
Add the rest of the butter and melt. Add the carrots and asparagus in a single layer and cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 to 3 minutes or until tender but still slightly crisp. Scoot the carrots and asparagus to the edges of the pan, then add the peas to the middle of the pan. Cook for one to two minutes, stirring gently, until peas are heated through and tender.
Add the shrimp back to the pan, stir to toss, then add salt and pepper. Squeeze the juice of one lemon all over the contents of the pan and cook for an additional 30 seconds. Remove from heat. Sprinkle parsley over the top.
Serve the stir fry immediately over cooked rice, or on its own. Top with Parmesan shavings and squeeze on extra lemon juice if needed!