The U.S. Postal Service has set up temporary mailboxes for residents of Moore affected by the May 20 tornado.
Officials say a temporary building will be placed at 1600 S. Broadway with post office boxes for customers in the 73160 and 73153 ZIP codes.
Residents in the 73170 ZIP code can pick up their mail at the Santa Fe Station at 201 S.W. 134th St.
Customers will be issued keys and must present photo identification to receive a key.
Complete Coverage: May 2013 Tornado Outbreak
More information from the U.S. Postal Service:
For customers impacted by the tornado who receive mail in the 73160 and 73153 zip code area,
• The Postal Service is placing modular units with temporary Post Office Boxes for these customers who are unable to receive mail.
• Location for the temporary site is 1600 S. Broadway, Moore Oklahoma.
• Hours of operation are Monday–Friday 8:00 a. m.–6:00 p.m. Saturday 8:00 a. m.–5:00 p.m. No access on Sunday will be available.
• Customers will be issued keys to gain access to their mail.
• Customers are required to provide their delivery address and a valid photo ID in order to receive a key.
• Post Office Box keys will be issued on-site for ONE WEEK ONLY (June 3 – 8) at the 1600 S. Broadway location Mon – Fri from 8:00 a.m.–8:00 p.m. and Saturday, June 8 from 8:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
• If keys are not picked up June 3-8, customers will need to pick up the temporary box keys at the Airport Finance Unit located at 6500 Air Cargo Rd, Monday–Saturday from 10:00 a.m.–4:00p.m.
For those customers impacted by the tornado who receive mail in the 73170 zip code area, you will also receive your mail at a temporary modular unit at the Santa Fe Station located at 201 SW 134th Street.
• All impacted customers will be issued a key to gain access to their temporary Post Office Box.
• Hours of operation are Monday–Friday 8:00 a.m.–6:00 p.m. Saturday 8:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m. No access on Sunday will be available.
• Post Office Box keys will be issued at this site Monday–Friday from 8:30 a.m.–5:00 p.m. and Saturday from 8:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m. starting June 3.
Effective June 3, retail services will also be available at the Santa Fe Station temporary modular unit to assist our customers with their mailing needs. Hours of operations are Monday–Friday 8:30 a.m.–5:00 p.m. and Saturday 8:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m.
Customers in the impacted areas are encouraged to continue to call the Oklahoma District USPS Customer Hotline at 1-866-295-7514 to receive the latest delivery service updates for their area.