Not everything you know about Black Friday is true. A number of shopping myths could cost you big money. Let's debunk some of them.
1. Black Friday is better than Cyber Monday
USA Today predicts Cyber Monday is actually a better day for deals on everything except for TVs, appliances and game consoles. You'll save 10 percent more on Cyber Monday than Black Friday.
2. Black Friday prices are the lowest price of the season.
Not true! There are many items not at their lowest price. Those include toys, winter clothes and gear.
3. Ad-scans have biggest deals.
Most of the time stores will leak their ads or give us a preview to lure us in, most of the time the deals aren't even that great.
4. Stores have plenty of door busters in stock.
A video on USA Today says that's false. If you aren't one of the first few people into a store you likely won't get that marked down deal.
5. Apple stores have best deals on Black Friday.
We have all seen those people who line up outside the store to get the deal. You don't have to do that, Apple offers the same deals online like stores Walmart, Target and Best Buy.
6. Most of us think door busters are only available in stores.
Most major retailers have huge online door busters. Some deals even show up weeks before.