Originally Published: Feb 1, 2010 3:31 PM CDT
Change in direction. I bored with the movie titles and bored with my own blogs, so I'm going strictly Top ten lists for awhile. This morning while retrieving the newspaper I slipped and fell on the ice in my front yard. I'm fine. I didn't hit my head like Dean or anything. But in the split second between loss of balance and crashing to the frozen earth...here are the Top Ten Thoughts that Crossed My Mind;
1) Don't hit your head like Dean.
2) I wonder if I'll bounce.
3) Did I take out enough life insurance.
4) Is anybody watching?
5) I can't remember seeing Willie Warren dunk the basketball one time this season. Last year he was a SportsCenter regular with his high-flying acrobatics. What's up with that?
6) It's 5:30 in the morning. If I can't get back up how long will it be before someone finds me in the front yard?
7) Maybe I can catch myself.
8) Is Dwight Freeney really hurt, or are the Colts just trying to distract the Saints into a different game plan and wasting practice time? Genious!
9) This is going to hurt.
10) I'm glad I haven't lost that 40 pounds yet that I'm trying to lose. It will come in handy right about now.