Friends, Family Mourn Woman Killed In Apparent Murder-Suicide In Del City

Friday, September 24th 2021, 10:32 pm
By: Anjelicia Bruton

DEL CITY, Oklahoma -

For Trisha Fernandez's loved ones, life will never be the same. Del City police said the 22-year-old was killed this week in an apparent murder-suicide.

Fernandez's friend, Larissa Carrera, said it's still hard to believe Trisha is gone. She wants her to be remembered as more than just a headline; she was a daughter, a sister, and her best friend.

Carrera said when she saw Fernandez, she would always greet her with a smile. The two met about nine months ago when they became co-workers.

“She made work fun. It was nice working every day because I had someone to be goofy with and silly. That's just the way she was,” Carrera said.

Fernandez was not from Oklahoma. She moved to the state about two years ago with her boyfriend Aaron Butler, who was stationed at Tinker Air Force Base. Carrera said the two immediately became close, instead of being work friends they were family.

“We talked pretty much every day on the phone when we weren't together or just at home after work,” Carrera said.

Carrera said when Fernandez didn't show up to work for two days in a row she was concerned, but she never expected to receive a call saying her friend was found dead in a home along with Butler in what police said is an apparent murder-suicide.

“It's definitely unfair. I know that I'm not family and my heart goes out to them, but her and her family, nobody deserves what happened to her,” Carrera said.

Friends of Fernandez are planning a ceremony to celebrate her life.

Her family sent News 9 the following statement:

On behalf of my family and Trisha, I want to personally thank everyone who has been extremely supportive and generous during this trying time. And for those who knew her - thank you for being a part of her life. We know that she is looking down upon each and every one of you and will be your angel, protector, and guide.

Fernandez's family recently arrived in Oklahoma. They're working to take her body back to California.  

A GoFundMe page has been created to help with that.