Monday, September 14th 2020, 4:14 pm
By: News 9
- 4 cups Shawnee Mills Self Rising Flour
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 cans pinto or Ranch style beans
- 2 pounds ground beef, browned
- 1 package taco seasoning shredded
- iceberg lettuce
- chopped tomatoes
- red onions, chopped
- cheddar cheese, shredded
- sour cream
- canola oil for frying
- Heat a large cast iron pot with canola or vegetable oil until hot.
- In a large bowl, mix together the self rising flour and whole milk.
- Mix just till it comes together.
- It will be sticky.
- Do not over mix!
- Spoon out a baseball sized ball and place on a well floured board.
- Knead just till not too sticky.
- Flatten with your hands till it is about 4 inches wide and about 3/4 inch thick.
- Do not over work…It will make for tough bread.
- Place 1 round in the hot oil.
- It will bubble and come to the top.
- Allow to fry till golden brown and then flip with tongs.
- Once brown on both sided place on a paper towel lined cookie sheet.
- Continue till all breads are fried.
- Top fry bread with Ranch style beans, ground beef, lettuce, tomatoes, red onion, cheese, salsa and sour cream.
Click here to follow Sassy Mama on Facebook.