Unattended Candle Causes Overnight Fire In NW OKC

Firefighters said a lit candle that was left unattended caused $10,000 of damage to a northwest Oklahoma City home overnight Thursday.

Thursday, July 23rd 2020, 3:41 am



-

Firefighters said a lit candle that was left unattended caused $10,000 of damage to a northwest Oklahoma City home overnight Thursday.

Fire crews said a citronella candle was burning outside when it caught the attic of the home near Northwest 23rd Street and North MacArthur Boulevard on fire.

The homes' fire alarm woke up a child, who warned the others. The three people inside the home were able to make it out unharmed, officials said.

This is a developing story.

logo

Get The Daily Update!

Be among the first to get breaking news, weather, and general news updates from News 9 delivered right to your inbox!

More Like This

July 23rd, 2020

April 12th, 2024

April 12th, 2024

April 12th, 2024

Top Headlines

April 12th, 2024

April 12th, 2024

April 12th, 2024

April 12th, 2024