Many of us ask this question every day, what can we do to help us stay healthy and live longer? There are several things you can keep in your kitchen, and a few things you can do every day to help you achieve this goal.
5 Things To Keep In Your Kitchen:
1. Green tea or Red (Roobios) Tea
a. Drink as a once a day beverage for vitamin and mineral source. Roobios is caffeine free.
2. Spices like fresh garlic, cayenne pepper, fresh or powdered ginger.
a. Use as a salt replacement
3. Fresh lime or lemon juice
a. Can replace salt as well
4. Calcium or Vitamin D
a. Recommended for women but beneficial to men as well
5. Multivitamins for iron, calcium and vitamin D.
9 Things You Can Do Now To Help You Live Longer:
1. Find a family physician or internal medicine physician you will want to see yearly.
2. Exercise does not have to be at the gym. Just sweat a little and get your heart rate up every day.
3. Go to sleep on time, turn off the electronics. Most of us don't sleep enough.
4. See your dentist every year.
5. Eat as many fresh fruits and vegetables as you can. Make a goal to eat a raw vegetable or fruit with each meal.
6. Relax. Stress makes most every disease worse and increases our risk of many diseases. Make time during the day to relieve stress.
7. Hang out with health conscious people. Adapt to their habits and you'll benefit from the changes. Work out with friends to help keep on track.
8. Set healthy goals like parking further away from an entrance, quit smoking, or even training for a marathon.
9. Make taking care of yourself a priority!