OKC Firefighters: Bathroom Heater Likely Sparked House Fire - News9.com - Oklahoma City, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports |

OKC Firefighters: Bathroom Heater Likely Sparked House Fire

Posted: Updated:
Crews work to put out an early morning house fire in Oklahoma City that firefighters said was likely started by a bathroom heater. Crews work to put out an early morning house fire in Oklahoma City that firefighters said was likely started by a bathroom heater.

Emily Wood, News 9

OKLAHOMA CITY -- Firefighters said a fire in the attic of a home in southwest Oklahoma City was likely started by a bathroom heater.

Chief Dewey Schmidt said the fire in the 1400 block of S.W. 78th Terrace could have been sparked when the heater was left on for too long and overheated.

A family of five made it out safely.

The home is not a total loss.

No names were released.

Powered by Frankly
News 9
7401 N. Kelley Ave.
Oklahoma City, OK 73111
News9.com is proud to provide Oklahomans with timely and relevant news and information, sharing the stories, pictures and loves of Oklahomans across our great state.
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2018 KWTV. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.