1 Tbsp Butter
1 cup Chopped Onion
1/2 cup Shredded Carrots
1 Tbsp Minced Garlic
1 Tbsp Minced Shallots
1 tsp Sugar
Dash of Salt & Pepper
10 lg Basil Leaves, divided
3 drained sun-dried tomato halves, packed in oil
2 regular cans diced tomatoes, undrained
1 regular can low sodium chicken broth
1. Melt butter in large saucepan and saute' onion, carrot, garlic and shallots.
2. Cook until veggies are tender.
3. Add sugar, salt, pepper and (4) basil leaves.
4. Cook for 5 minutes.
5. Add sun-dried tomatoes, diced tomatoes and broth and bring to a boil.
6. Reduce heat, simmer (1) hour, remove from heat.
7. Use immersion blender to puree' or blend in processor in batches.
Nutrition Facts per Serving:
7401 N. Kelley Ave.
Oklahoma City, OK 73111
News9.com is proud to provide Oklahomans with timely and relevant news and information, sharing the stories, pictures and loves of Oklahomans across our great state.