331 AM CST Mon Feb 19 2018
...RED FLAG WARNING IN EFFECT FROM NOON TODAY TO 7 PM CST THIS
EVENING FOR STRONG WINDS AND LOW RELATIVE HUMIDITY FOR THE WESTERN
The National Weather Service in Amarillo has issued a Red Flag
Warning for strong winds and low relative humidity, which is in
effect from noon today to 7 PM CST this evening. The Fire Weather
Watch is no longer in effect.
* Affected Area...In Oklahoma...Cimarron. In Texas...Dallam...
Sherman...Hartley...Moore...Oldham...Potter...Deaf Smith and
* 20 Foot Winds...Southwest 25 to 30 mph with gusts up to 50 mph.
* Relative Humidity...As low as 22 percent.
* Red Flag Threat Index...3 to 4.
* Timing...From noon through 7 PM today.
A Red Flag Warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now...or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds...low relative humidity...and warm temperatures will
create favorable weather for rapid fire growth and spread. Avoid
activities that promote open flames and sparks.