Man dies in curtain-caused blaze, firefighters say - News9.com - Oklahoma City, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports |

Man dies in curtain-caused blaze, firefighters say

Posted: Updated:
John Coleman curtains were too close to a hot lamp,  fire officials said. The curtains caught fire that spread throughout the house. John Coleman curtains were too close to a hot lamp, fire officials said. The curtains caught fire that spread throughout the house.

NEWS 9

MIDWEST CITY, Okla. -- John Coleman, 79, has died after a late night fire in Midwest City, authorities said.

Officials said the blaze started in the living room in Coleman's home at 131 Lilac Lane. The curtains appeared to have caught on fire after being hung too close to a lamp, fire officials said.

Coleman reportedly died of smoke inhalation.

It's unclear if anyone else was home at the time of the fire, but there were no other injuries reported.

 

Powered by Frankly
News 9
7401 N. Kelley Ave.
Oklahoma City, OK 73111
News9.com is proud to provide Oklahomans with timely and relevant news and information, sharing the stories, pictures and loves of Oklahomans across our great state.
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2018 KWTV. All Rights Reserved. For more information on this site, please read our Privacy Policy, and Terms of Service, and Ad Choices.