Weight Watchers: Hawaiian Chicken Kebabs
1. Change Your Mind set.
2. Change Your Attitude.
3. Change Your Food Portions.
4. Change Your Pantry.
5. Change Your Menu (example recipe below):
Hawaiian Chicken Kebabs:
Preparation Time: 25 min
Cooking Time: 10 min
Level of Difficulty: Easy
Although this is a grill recipe, you can cook it indoors by broiling the kebabs in the oven, about 5 inches from the heat, for about 8 to 10 minutes.
* 1 pound uncooked boneless, skinless chicken breast
* 1/2 medium pineapple
* 1 medium green pepper(s)
* 1 medium sweet red pepper(s)
* 1 large onion(s), Spanish
* 1/4 cup pineapple juice, or orange juice
* 3 medium garlic clove(s), minced
* 2 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
* 1 tsp olive oil
* 2 sprays cooking spray
* 2 cup cooked white rice, kept hot
* Cut each chicken breast, pineapple, pepper and onion into approximately twenty-four 1-inch-thick pieces. Combine chicken, pineapple juice, garlic, soy sauce and oil in a large nonmetallic bowl; marinate in refrigerator for at least 1 hour and up to 24 hours.
* Preheat grill. Lightly coat the vegetables with cooking spray.
Thread 2 pieces of pepper, pineapple, chicken and onion onto each of 8 skewers. Brush with marinade. (Note: If using wooden skewers, soak in water to prevent charring.)
* Grill over medium-hot coals until chicken is completely cooked, about 8 to 10 minutes, turning kebabs every 2 minutes so they're cooked evenly on all sides.
Yields 2 kebabs and 1/2 cup rice per serving.