1. Change Your Mind set.
2. Change Your Attitude.
3. Change Your Food Portions.
4. Change Your Pantry.
5. Change Your Menu (example recipe below):
Hawaiian Chicken Kebabs:
Preparation Time: 25 min
Cooking Time: 10 min
Level of Difficulty: Easy
Although this is a grill recipe, you can cook it indoors by broiling the kebabs in the oven, about 5 inches from the heat, for about 8 to 10 minutes.
* 1 pound uncooked boneless, skinless chicken breast
* 1/2 medium pineapple
* 1 medium green pepper(s)
* 1 medium sweet red pepper(s)
* 1 large onion(s), Spanish
* 1/4 cup pineapple juice, or orange juice
* 3 medium garlic clove(s), minced
* 2 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
* 1 tsp olive oil
* 2 sprays cooking spray
* 2 cup cooked white rice, kept hot
* Cut each chicken breast, pineapple, pepper and onion into approximately twenty-four 1-inch-thick pieces. Combine chicken, pineapple juice, garlic, soy sauce and oil in a large nonmetallic bowl; marinate in refrigerator for at least 1 hour and up to 24 hours.
* Preheat grill. Lightly coat the vegetables with cooking spray.
Thread 2 pieces of pepper, pineapple, chicken and onion onto each of 8 skewers. Brush with marinade. (Note: If using wooden skewers, soak in water to prevent charring.)
* Grill over medium-hot coals until chicken is completely cooked, about 8 to 10 minutes, turning kebabs every 2 minutes so they're cooked evenly on all sides.
Yields 2 kebabs and 1/2 cup rice per serving.
7401 N. Kelley Ave.
Oklahoma City, OK 73111
News9.com is proud to provide Oklahomans with timely and relevant news and information, sharing the stories, pictures and loves of Oklahomans across our great state.