Saving on a wedding
Robin Marsh, NEWS 9
If wedding bells are ringing for you soon, then you know things can get expensive quickly. So here are a couple of saving ideas when you're funding a wedding.
- Think about having your ceremony and reception in the morning, on a Friday, or Sunday night and it won't cost as much.
- Try to keep your guest list minimal.
- Make your own veil. You"ll find that most craft stores sell how-to-books and even supplies on designing your own veil, which can save you hundreds of dollars.
- Shop online for your wedding dress. Go to a nearby bridal shop and try on dresses so you know they fit, and once you find some you like, search for them online, most will cost less.
- Use silk flowers. Silk flowers are beautiful, look real, and are always less than real flowers. Better yet, you can even rent them.
Don't forget if you have a great saving tip that we need to pass along, go the Power for Your Pocketbook page and click on Contact Power for your Pocketbook.