Spring Strawberry Spinach Salad
· 1 bunch spinach, rinsed
· 10 large strawberries, sliced
· 1/8 cup of sliced almonds ( toasted )
· 1/2 teaspoon Splenda
· salt & pepper to taste
· 1/8 cup white balsamic vinegar
· 1/4 olive oil
· 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
1. In a large bowl, mix the spinach and strawberries.
2. In a blender, place the sugar, salt, vinegar, and oil, and blend until smooth. Stir in the poppy seeds. Pour over the spinach and strawberries, and toss to coat.
One serving (1/4th of recipe) provides 180 calories, 3 grams protein, 16 grams fat, 2 grams saturated fat, 7 grams carbohydrate, 3 grams fiber, 0 mg cholesterol and 51 mg sodium (not adding any added salt "to taste.")
7401 N. Kelley Ave.
Oklahoma City, OK 73111
News9.com is proud to provide Oklahomans with timely and relevant news and information, sharing the stories, pictures and loves of Oklahomans across our great state.