Get off the couch tips
Tuesday, February 26th 2008, 5:30 PM CST
Everyone knows that exercise is good for you, but not everyone wants to do it. To get you motivated the Metro Fitness Challenge has five ‘Get off the Couch Tips.'
- Sit on an exercise ball while watching TV
- This has many benefits, first it works your core muscles, it also forces proper spin alignment and it improves your balance.
- Perform Dyna-band exercises while watching TV
- Dyna-bands are used for resistance training and can help build up your muscles.
- Vacuum or dust during the commercials
- Vacuuming can burn up to 95 calories an hour.
- Re-arrange the furniture
- Moving around furniture for just 10 minutes can burn up to 90 calories.
- If the dog is overweight then you probably are too - walk the dog.
- It's good for Fido and you!