Brunch Egg Casserole
1 pound 50% reduced fat sausage
6 slices whole grain bread, cut into cubes
8 ounces 2% mild cheddar cheese, shredded
1/4 pound (4 ounces) sliced mushrooms
4 ounces canned chopped green chilies
2 1/4 cups skim milk
1 can (10.5 ounce) cream of mushroom soup
1 teaspoon prepared spicy mustard
1. Spray 9 x 13 inch baking pan with cooking oil spray. Turn on oven to 350 degrees.
2. Crumble sausage in a skillet and cook over medium heat until browned, stirring frequently.
3. Place cooked sausage in the pan, then layer with the bread cubes, cheese, mushrooms and green chiles.
4. In a mixing bowl stir together with a whisk the milk, eggs, soup, and mustard and pour over the ingredients in the pan.
5. Bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees or until done (casserole should be slightly firm in the middle).
6. Allow casserole to sit 10 minutes before serving.