Warm Wednesday With Sunny Skies And A Light Breeze

Oklahoma Weather Forecast: Bookmark this page and refresh it often for the latest forecast and daily updates.

Wednesday, June 12th 2024, 12:35 pm

By: News 9


-

We have sunny skies today with highs in the 80s and 90s.

The weather looks great until there is a chance for rain on Thursday afternoon.

Temperatures will rise as the week progresses. The heat and humidity slowly build into the weekend.

What is the weather like in Oklahoma on Wednesday?

It's starting to feel more like summer! Wednesday looks mostly sunny, with highs near 90 degrees and 100 degrees in western portions of the state.

A south breeze will bring wind gusts up to 25 miles an hour but will still feel hot with the temperatures.

May be an image of map and text that says '9 HIGHS TODAY NORMAL: 87° 98 Guymon 95 Alva 94 Enid 88 Miami 44 HEADLINES MOSTLYSUNNY MOSTLY SUNNY NICE JUNE NICEJUNEDAY DAY 91 Tulsa 93 Ponca City 92 Stillwater 90 Oklahoma City 10-20 MPH 88 Ada 93 Woodward 10-20 MPH 92 Clinton 90 Hobart 90 88 Altus Lawton 86 Sallisaw 40 40 87 McAlester 871 Ardmore 88 ኝ Durant 87 Idabel'

There is a little fog in low-lying areas this morning, with the thickest fog in SW OK. Look for sunny skies with highs in the upper 80s and low 90s. A south breeze is expected today, with some gusts to 20 mph.

Tonight's lows will be in the 60s and low 70s. Tomorrow, look for highs in the lower and mid-90s.

May be an image of ‎text that says '‎9OKC HOUR By HOUR SUNRISE 6:15 A 8:46PM ושען 66 SUNSET 7 AM s S10-15 9 AM 78 S 5-15 קרישי NOON 84 3 S10-20 90 S10-20 6 PM 88 S5-15 S‎'‎

What is the weather like in Oklahoma for the rest of the week?

Triple digits will return for folks in the northwest. Late in the afternoon, we are expecting storms to develop in SW Kansas and push down into northwest OK.

May be an image of map and text that says '40% Guymon ORAIN & STORM CHANCES TOMORROW AFTERNOON - EVENING 40% 20% Alva 30% Ponca City Enid 40% Woodward Miami LIKELY MODERATE Stillwater Tulsa 40 20% Clinton SLIGHT Oklahoma OklahomaCity City Hobart 40 Sallisaw Altus Lawton Ada McAlester 35 Ardmore Durant Idabel'

If these storms develop, they could be severe at times with some wind and hail.

May be an image of map and text that says '9 9STORMZONE STORM ZONE TOMORROW AFTERNOON EVENING Guymon THREATLEVEL THREAT LEVEL HIGH Alva Ponca City Woodward Enid Miami MODERATE LOW Stillwater Tulsa Clinton Oklahoma City GOLF BALL SIZE HAIL GUSTS TO 70 MPH FREQUENTLIGHTNING FREQUENT LIGHTNING Hobart 40 Sallisaw Altus Lawton McAlester Ada Ardmore Durant Idabel Idabel'

Storms will move toward central OK tomorrow night and fizzle out.

May be an image of map and text that says 'ORAIN & STORM CHANCES TOMORROW NIGHT Guymon Alva Woodward LIKELY 20% Ponca City Enid 20% Stillwater Tulsa Miami 44 MODERATE 40 SLIGHT 20% Oklahoma City 20% Clinton 20% Hobart 20% Lawton 40 Sallisaw Altus 20% Ada McAlester Ardmore Durant Idabel'

It will be hot and breezy into the Father's Day weekend.

There's a chance for rain/storms late Saturday into early Sunday morning. The highest chance will be in northern OK.

The heat and humidity are slowly building this week, and the Oklahoma wind will ramp up.

May be an image of body of water and text that says '9 9FEEL-LIKE FEEL -LIKE TEMPERATURE OKLAHOMA OKLAHOMACITY CITY 100 96 90° 97 90 86 84 TODAY TUESDAY WEDNESDAY THURSDAY FRIDAY'

Father's Day weekend looks hot! We will have more details as the weekend gets closer.

May be an image of ‎coffee cup and ‎text that says '‎9 WEEKEND OUTLOOK FRI SAT SUN 94 SE SE10-20 10 10% 9394 93 94 ست SE SE10-20 10-20 S15-25 DAD #1 #1‎'‎‎

PATTERN SHIFT COMING:

As we typically see, the main jet stream lifts north as we head into June. This is the main storm path, so Oklahoma's organized severe season will come to an end.

We can and will still get strong to severe storms, but the tornado risk goes way down.

Next week, the big ridge of high pressure known as the "heat dome" will appear. This puts us in the northwest flow of the jet stream, which sometimes means complex storms arrive from the High Plains.

These storms could be wind and hail producers. We will see. Eventually, the heat dome usually moves directly overhead, and we shut off the rain and we see our temps spike. This typically happens in July.

Follow our meteorologists!

Meteorologist David Payne

Meteorologist Lacey Swope

Meteorologist Jed Castles

Meteorologist Cassie Heiter

Meteorologist Justin Rudicel

Meteorologist Andrew Adams

logo

Get The Daily Update!

Be among the first to get breaking news, weather, and general news updates from News 9 delivered right to your inbox!

More Like This

June 12th, 2024

June 12th, 2024

June 12th, 2024

June 12th, 2024

Top Headlines

June 12th, 2024

June 12th, 2024

June 12th, 2024

June 12th, 2024