Monday, October 29th 2018, 4:45 PM CDT
- 2 pounds of pre-cooked shredded barbecue chicken or barbecue beef
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups parboiled small potatoes
- 1 can stewed tomatoes
- Sauté the onions, garlic and peppers in a large stock pot.
- Stir in the bbq meat and pour the chicken broth over the top.
- Stir together and simmer over medium heat.
- Add in the potatoes and simmer for 20 minutes.
- **add beans or Rotel tomatoes for a spicier stew