Authorities: Same Person Committed 8 Robberies
Staff and Wire Reports
OKLAHOMA CITY -- Federal authorities think the same person is responsible for a string of eight bank robberies in the Oklahoma City metropolitan area since June 2009.
James Finch, the special agent in charge of the FBI office in Oklahoma, said Monday the reward for information leading to the identification, arrest and conviction of the person has been increased from $10,000 to $15,000.
The robberies began in June 2009 in Norman and also have occurred in Oklahoma City, Edmond and Midwest City. The latest robbery came on Jan. 11.
The robberies that took place are listed:
1) Bank of the West – 06/03/2009, 2122 W. Main, Norman
2) Bank of Oklahoma – 07/03/2009, 6517 NW Expressway, OKC
3) Bank of the West – 07/10/2009, 2122 W. Main, Norman
4) Bank of the West – 12/30/2009, 2122 W. Main, Norman
5) Bank of Oklahoma – 03/19/2010, 6517 NW Expressway, OKC
6) Bank of the West – 04/22/2010, 1101 N. Santa Fe, Edmond
7) Bank of the West – 05/01/2010, 1201 S. Air Depot, MWC
8) IBC Bank – 01/11/2011, 6233 N.W. Expressway, OKC
Authorities say that during each of the robberies, the person wore a ski mask and was armed with a semi-automatic pistol. They say the robber is a male in his late 20s to mid-30s, standing between 5-foot-7 and 5-foot-9 with a medium build.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the FBI at (405) 290-7770 (24 hour number). Callers may remain anonymous.