McDonalds Recalls 'Shrek' Movie Drinking Glasses
OKLAHOMA CITY -- McDonalds is recalling their new 'Shrek' movie drinking glasses after the paint was discovered to contain a toxic chemical that could be harmful especially to children.
About 12 millions drinking glasses featuring characters from the new movie are being voluntarily re-called.
The company said painted designs on the glasses contain the toxic metal cadmium. Cadmium is a known carcinogen that research shows also can cause bone softening and severe kidney problems.
The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission said people need to stop using the glasses immediately and wait for refund instructions from McDonald's.
McDonald's said it would post instructions on its web site next week regarding refunds.