Tortellini Soup with Shrimp
Tuesday, September 16th 2008, 9:15 AM CDT
- 4 cups reduced-sodium chicken or vegetable broth
- 15oz Marinara Sauce
- 1 cup white wine
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 (9oz) package Tortellini
- 1/2 pound cooked shrimp
- 1 cup loose-pack frozen petite peas, thawed
- Combine broth, sauce, wine and pepper in large saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Add pasta; reduce heat to medium. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- Add shrimp and peas; cook for an additional 1 minute. Serve immediately.
Once serving (1/6th of recipe) provides 280 calories, 18 grams protein, 6 grams fat, .5 gram saturated fat, 31 grams carbohydrate, 2.5 grams fiber, 91mg cholesterol and 611 mg sodium.