Pan Seared Scallops with Fresh Watermelon Salsa
- 2lb. of fresh or frozen sea scallops
- 1oz. olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Cooked scallops in a medium to high heat in a sautéed pan.
- Seasoned to taste
- Let cool down to serve
- 4 cups of small diced seedless watermelon
- 1/2 cup finely diced bermuda onion
- 4 serrano chiles, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon raspberry vinegar
- In a medium bowl, stir together watermelon, onion, chili peppers, cilantro, salt, and raspberry vinegar. Chill for one hour in the refrigerator before serving.
Arrange the Watermelon Salsa in the middle of a plate, and topped with Cooked Scallops, Garnish with fresh Cilantro Springs, fresh lime Wedges.
One serving (1/8th of recipe) provides 180 calories, 20 grams protein, 6 grams fat, .75 grams saturated fat, 11 grams carbohydrate, 1 gram fiber, 37 mg cholesterol and 480 mg sodium-(not counting any "optional" salt used to sauté scallops)