Ba's Stir Fry
Ba's Stir Fry
12 ounces lean beef (sirloin or other lean cut)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon sugar
2 teaspoons oyster sauce
1 1/2 teaspoon corn starch
1 teaspoon rice cooking wine
1 cup each carrots, broccoli and white mushrooms, cut into bite-sized pieces
2-3 fresh garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
3 tablespoons oyster sauce
1 1/2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
2 tablespoon water
1 1/2 teaspoons red chili sauce
1 tablespoon rice cooking wine
- Slice beef very thin and cut into bite-sized pieces. (Beef may be purchased pre-sliced at some markets).
- Toss beef with salt, sugar, oyster sauce, rice cooking wine and 1/2 teaspoon of the corn starch and allow to marinate at room temperature 15-30 minutes.
- Blanch carrots and broccoli and set aside. Click here for more information
on Blanching Vegetables. Do not blanch the mushrooms.
- Prepare sauce by mixing together the sauce ingredients--set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together 1 teaspoon corn starch and 1 tablespoon water--set aside.
- Heat skillet or wok over medium high heat on the stove and add enough olive oil to coat the bottom of the pan. Saute' the garlic slightly, then add the beef. Stir rapidly, cooking only until medium rare. Beef should be barely brown with a little pink remaining. Remove the beef and garlic--set aside.
- Add a little more oil to the skillet or wok and heat. Add mushrooms and stir for a few minutes, then add the blanched vegetables, stirring and cooking briefly until heated.
- Add the sauce from step 4, stirring until all ingredients are coated.
- Turn heat to high, then add the corn starch and water mixture, stirring until the dish is hot and sauce is thickened.
- Serve with rice.
Nutrition Information per Serving
Calories: 197 Carbohydrate: 12 grams Protein: 17 grams
Fat: 8 gram Sodium: 1204 mg Fiber: 2 grams