Sassy Mama: Open-Faced Turkey & Cheese Sandwich
Monday, November 14th 2022, 4:57 pm
Sassy Mama is cooking up some open-faced turkey and cheese sandwiches during News 9 at 4 p.m. Monday.
- 4 slices sourdough bread
- Softened butter
- Cranberry sauce
- Sliced apples
- Brie Cheese
- Gruyere Cheese
**Serves four sandwiches**
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Preheat the oven to 400°.
- Brush the bread slices on both sides with the olive oil and transfer to a baking sheet. Toast for 10 to 15 minutes, turning once, until golden and crisp but still soft inside.
- Rub the toast on one side with the garlic.
- Top with slices of turkey, sliced apples, Gruyere or Swiss cheese.
- Preheat the broiler.
- Broil the sandwiches as close to the heat as possible for about 3 minutes, shifting the pan occasionally, until the cheese is bubbling.
- Sprinkle it with pepper and serve hot.