Sassy Mama: Lime Meltaways
Wednesday, January 26th 2022, 5:01 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY -
- 1 3/4 cups plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- Grated zest of 2 limes
- 2tablespoons key lime juice
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar for serving
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cornstarch, and salt. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, cream butter and both sugars until fluffy.
- Add lime zest, juice, and vanilla; beat until fluffy.
- Add dry ingredients and mix on low speed until blended.
- Divide the dough in half. Roll into logs and wrap in plastic wrap.
- Chill at least 1 hour in the refrigerator. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment.
- Remove logs from the refrigerator; slice dough into 1/4-inch-thick rounds.
- Place rounds on baking sheets, spaced 1 inch apart.
- Bake cookies until barely golden, about 15 minutes.
- Transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool slightly, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Place the cookies into 2/3 cup powdered sugar in a Ziploc bag.
- While still warm, place cookies in the bag; toss to coat.
- Store baked cookies in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
Click here to follow Sassy Mama on Facebook.