Missouri Man Sues Swan Bros. In Claremore After Wife Dies Of Listeria Poisoning


Monday, January 24th 2022, 2:21 pm
By: News On 6


TULSA, Oklahoma -

A Missouri man is suing a Claremore dairy after he says listeria in its raw dairy products, killed his wife.

Oklahoma regulators issued a recall last July for Swan Brothers products because of listeria contamination. Roy Reese says he bought two gallons of milk in June and took them home. Reese says his wife drank the milk and started to get weak. She was diagnosed with listeria poisoning and died sometime later.

Reese alleges Swan Brothers acted in a reckless disregard to the public by repeatedly selling "defective and unreasonably dangerous milk products."

Swan Brothers have not responded to a request for comment on the lawsuit.