1. The Contest is open to all U.S. citizens and legal U.S. residents, at least 18 years of age, who reside in NEWS 9 Designated Market Area, as defined by Nielsen Media Research, Inc. ("DMA") except as otherwise provided in these or specific contest rules. For a copy of the DMA Map, visit www.News9.com/contests or click here. Employees of NEWS 9 and its affiliated parent and subsidiary companies, affiliated stations or companies, advertising and promotion agencies, sponsors, entities furnishing prizes or otherwise connected with the conduct of this Contest ("Contest Entities") and their respective officers, directors, representatives and agents, their immediate families and members of their households, are all ineligible and may not register or participate in the Contest.
2. All Nominees must be either active duty or a veteran of the United States military (Air Force, Army, Coast Guard, Marines, Navy, National Guard, Reserves or any other military branch). Winner may be required to provide proof of same to confirm eligibility upon selection.
3. Participant must “own” the home of where prize would be installed. However, participant’s home does not have to be free and clear of all mortgage liens, but participant cannot be renting, leasing, or in any other type of agreement with another property owner. The home where the prize will be installed must also be a traditional home built on a concrete slab. Participants living in mobile homes, modular homes, or any other home not a built on a concrete slab are not eligible to win this contest.
4. Only one (1) prize may be awarded per household. Winners from other contests sponsored or conducted by NEWS 9 within thirty (30) days preceding the beginning of this contest are not eligible for this contest.
5. The Contest is void where prohibited by law.
6. No purchase, registration fee or donation of money is required to register or win.
7. By participating in this Contest, all entrants agree (a) to abide by these and any additional specific official rules and the decisions of the Contest Entities and contest officials designated by NEWS 9, which will be binding and final in all respects; (b) to the use of information by the Contest Entities for marketing and advertising purposes as allowed by applicable privacy policies and law; (c) to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless the Contest Entities and their officers, directors, employees and agents from any and all liability, claims, lawsuits, costs, expenses, fees, injuries (including death), losses, and damages resulting or alleged to result from participation in the Contest, acceptance or use of any prize, and/or from entrants fraudulent or otherwise wrongful acts or omissions; (d) not to sue the Contest Entities for any damages alleged to arise from winner's acceptance of or use of the prize(s); and (e) to the use of the entrants, name, voice, biography, and likeness by Contest Entities without further notice or compensation for promotion, advertising, filing, and dissemination purposes, except where otherwise prohibited by law.
8. "Contest Officials" designated by the management of NEWS 9 shall be responsible for interpretation and enforcement of the contest rules.
9. Contest Officials shall have the sole right to disqualify any participant for violation of these rules or any other published rules applicable to a specific contest, and to resolve all disputes in their sole discretion. Contest Entities (a) make no warranty, guaranty or representation of any kind concerning any prize; (b) disclaim any implied warranty and (c) are not liable for injuries, losses or damages arising or alleged to arise out of any persons participation in the Contest. All disputes will be resolved under applicable Oklahoma laws.
10. Contest Entities are not responsible for lost, late, damaged, misdirected, undelivered, undeliverable, incomplete or unreadable entries. Contest Entities are not responsible for lost entries due to telephonic or electronic malfunctions. Contest Officials may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Contest or winning a prize if, in their sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, deception, or other unfair playing practices or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other entrants or Contest Entities representatives. If for any reason this Contest is not capable of running as planned as a result of any causes beyond the reasonable control of Contest Entities including but not limited to tampering, unauthorized intervention or fraud which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Contest, then, Contest Officials reserve the right at their sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Contest. The rules can be modified at any time without notice.
11. NEWS 9 reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to alter, change, cancel or suspend this Contest, for any reason whatsoever, without prior notification.
12. How to enter: Beginning November 29, 2021, through December 12, 2021, participants may submit an online entry form, by visiting www.News9.com/Veteran. All entries must include participant’s name, age, town, phone number, email address and a short explanation of why you should win. In the event a participant does not have an email address or a phone number, participant should respond with “None”. However, participant must have either a phone number or email address to be contacted in the event they are selected as the winner. Therefore, if an entry form doesn't include at least a phone number or an email address, such entry will be deemed null and void and will not be included in the winner selection. Entries must be received by 11:59pm on December 12, 2021. No more than one (1) entry, per person, per day, will be accepted. Photocopies, facsimiles or other reproductions will not be eligible.
13. Alternate Form of Entry: To enter using the Alternate Form of Entry, participants may submit a completed Entry Form via email at contest@News9.net with “NEWS 9: 2021 ACS Veteran Giveaway” in the subject line or by mail to News 9, addressed as follows: “NEWS 9: 2021 ACS Veteran Giveaway, 7401 N. Kelley Ave., Oklahoma City, OK 73111.” All Alternate Forms of Entry must be legible and must be completed, in its entirety, including, but not limited to: name, phone number, email and a brief explanation of why you should win this prize. In the event an Alternate Form of Entry, is not complete or is not legible, such entry will be deemed null and void, and participant who submitted the form will not be notified. At the end of promotional period, all entries received, including the online entry forms and the alternate entry forms, will be combined, and one (1) winner will be selected by Contest Officials, based on responses from Entry Forms. Deadline to submit an Alternate Form of Entry will be December 12, 2021 @ 11:59p.m. (CST).
14. In the event of any of the following, the prize(s) will be awarded to an alternate winner:
a. Prizewinner cannot be reached within twenty-four (24) hours of winner selection;
b. NEWS 9 is unable to leave a voicemail due to a full voicemail box or because the mailbox is not properly set-up;
c. Prizewinner does not return a phone call within forty-eight (48) hours of a message left by NEWS 9;
d. Prizewinner does not timely return the signed Statement of Prizewinner;
e. Prizewinner is determined not to be an eligible winner; or
f. Any other reasons set forth in these rules.
15. No transfer, substitution, or cash equivalent for prizes will be allowed except at the Contest Entities' sole discretion due to prize unavailability. All federal, state, or other tax liabilities (including income taxes), and subsequent or related expenses such as, but not limited to, gasoline, insurance, and maintenance arising from the award of a prize from this Contest will be the sole responsibility of each prize winner. Any prize awarded in this Contest must be claimed within ten (10) working days of winner's notification by NEWS 9 or sooner, depending upon the specific prize or contest.
16. Prize: At the end of promotional period, one (1) winner will be selected, by random number generator, from all eligible entries received. Winner will receive one (1) 16 SEER Trane HVAC System with a programmable thermostat plus installation. Total Approximate Prize Value: $15,000. Once a winner has been selected and an inspection of the winner’s home has been completed, the exact prize description and prize amount will be determined. Eligible participants must (1) own his/her home and (2) must agree to a pre-screening home inspection prior to winner selection.
17. Winner(s) will be notified by telephone or email. Winner(s) must sign and return a Statement of Prizewinner provided by NEWS 9. The signed Statement of Prizewinner must be received by NEWS 9 within ten (10) days of the winner's notification. Winner(s) must show photo identification to claim prizes. NEWS 9 reserves the right to require additional identification and may choose to deny awarding the prize based on falsification of identification or fraud.
18. Odds of winning depend on the number of contest entries received.
19. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook.
20. Complete rules are available at NEWS 9 Monday through Friday during normal business hours or at www.News9.com.
Full terms and conditions are also available at www.News9.com.