Wednesday, November 3rd 2021, 4:28 pm
By: News 9
- 2 ribeye or New York steaks (at least 1-inch-thick, about 12 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed
- 2 to 3 sprigs fresh thyme or rosemary
- Remove the steaks from the refrigerator about 30 minutes to 1 hour before cooking.
- Play on a paper towel line late and then blot estate all over with additional paper towels until the steak is completely dry.
- Heat a cast iron pan on high for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Just before setting the steaks into the hot and sprinkle salt on all sides including front and back.
- Set the steak in the screaming hot pan.
- Again cooking the steak for one minute and then look to see if a crust has begun to form.
- Flip the steak and continue gets processed of flipping and checking for crust for four minutes.
- Carefully place the steaks in the hot pan and cook on the first side until enough of a crust has developed that the steaks no longer stick to the pan, about 1 minute.
- Flip and cook on the other side for 1 minute.
- Continue cooking and flipping for a total of 4 minutes. Lower the heat to medium high and add butter, garlic and herbs.
- Tilt pan slightly to collect the butter garlic and herbs and use a spoon to baste the steaks with the the herb butter mixture.
- Once the steaks have reached their desired cooking temperature, remove from the hot skillet and sit on a plate to rest for at least 10 minutes before cutting and serving.
- Add freshly cracked pepper before serving.
Click here to follow Sassy Mama on Facebook.