Wednesday, November 3rd 2021, 4:24 pm
By: News 9
- 1 pound white or brown mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup white wine
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- chives for garnish
- Clean mushrooms by gently wiping with a paper towel or using a mushroom brush.
- Slice into thick slices (about ½").
- Add butter and oil to a pan and heat over medium high heat.
- Quickly toss the mushrooms and soy sauce together and add to to the hot pan.
- Allow the mushrooms to cook for 45 minutes undisturbed so they brown on one side.
- Once they’ve browned add the white wine, garlic and thyme.
- Continue to cook for three to four minutes or until most of the wine has evaporated.
- Season with salt & pepper to taste.