Black And White Chicken Chili
Wednesday, October 27th 2021, 3:58 pm
By: News 9
Black and White Chicken Chili
- 3 cups shredded chicken (I use rotisserie chicken)
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cups green salsa verde
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cans black beans, drained well
Serve with: Fritos, French fried onions or jalapeños, sour cream, cheese, cilantro and onions.
- Saute the onion in 2 teaspoons olive oil with the cumin, garlic and chili seasoning in the bottom of a large soup pot.
- Once the onions are tender.
- Stir in the green chili sauce and 4 cups of chicken stock.
- Add the chicken and black beans.
- Cover in simmer for 30 minutes before serving.
- This can also be prepared in a slow cooker and cook on low for six hours.
Click here to follow Sassy Mama on Facebook.