A man is safe Tuesday night after someone passing by noticed his mobile home was on fire.
The man knocked on the door loud enough to wake the person inside who was sleeping.
The flames destroyed a mobile home near Mohawk Park where a family of four was living.
Eddie Tee said he was driving by with his son when they saw the flames and called 911. He knocked on the door of the neighboring home, which also caught fire, to get his attention.
“Seeing the flames, we said we better pull in there and see what’s going on. As soon as we pulled up, that trailer was going, whew. It was up in the air, too, it was hot,” Tee said.
The man inside the home credits Tee with saving his life.
Fire officials are still determining the cause of the fire.