Wednesday, August 18th 2021, 4:22 pm
By: News 9
- 1 pound 93% lean ground beef, browned
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cups mushrooms, chopped
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup barley
- 4 cups beef stock
- 2 cups water
- Brown the meat in a large soup pot with the onions.
- Drain off any excess grease and return the pot to the stovetop.
- Stir in the water and stock along with the mushrooms, pepper, and shredded carrot.
- Bring to a boil and stir in the barley and cook according to package instructions.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Click here to follow Sassy Mama on Facebook.