A new art installation at Tulsa's Lacy Park celebrates the contributions of Black community members.
The new installation is in the Lacy Park Community Center near East Apache Street and North Peoria Avenue and was funded through the Improve Our Tulsa package.
Lacy Park was established in 1929 after businessman Simon Berry donated 13 acres of land to the City of Tulsa for just $1.Back then, the park was known as Berry Park.
The new installation celebrates and features people, like Berry, who played a role in creating the park and building up the surrounding area.
The art also features national figures like Olympian Madeline Manning Mims and Civil Rights activist Juanita Hopkins.
Another piece by Robert Delgado features Dorothy DeWitty, who spent 30-years with Tulsa Public Schools as a teacher and principal. DeWitty was elected to the original Tulsa City Council in 1990 and was the first black female on the council.
The installation can be seen now at the Lacy Park Community Center.