Wednesday, March 24th 2021, 4:53 pm
By: News 9
- 2 cups flour (any combination, wherever is best for your pup. I used whole wheat and rice flour)
- 3 Tablespoons quick oats
- 1/4 cup brewer's yeast (high in B vitamins, which is great for pup’s health and helps w anxiety)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 Tablespoon whole egg powder or 1 egg
Choose some add-ins...lots of flavor combo ideas:
- (2-3 Tablespoons of any)
- bacon bits
- shredded cheese
- peanut butter or PB powder
- unsweetened carob chips
- slivered almonds
- carob powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- Mashed banana
- Mix all dry ingredients.
- Add chosen mix-ins.
- Add one can (14 oz) beef bone broth (or chosen broth).
- Combine and add more broth (or water) 1 T at a time until wet dough forms.
- This is going to be firmer than normal waffle batter, more like very wet cookie dough.
- Make in preheated waffle iron sprayed with doggie-friendly cooking spray (coconut oil or olive oil or sunflower oil) for 7-10 minutes until crispy.
Click here to follow Sassy Mama on Facebook.