Firefighters knocked down an overnight apartment fire Tuesday in northwest Oklahoma City.
According to authorities, the fire was at the Auburn Lane apartments near Northwest 10th Street and North MacArthur Boulevard.
Fire officials said an elderly man who is blind was trying to cook fries on the stovetop. The man left the kitchen and when he came back the cabinet had caught on fire.
Firefighters were able to contain the fire to the kitchen.
Neighbors were evacuated while crews worked the fire, but no injuries were reported, fire officials said.
This is a developing story.