Taco Mac 'n Cheese
Wednesday, November 4th 2020, 3:19 pm
By: News 9
Taco Mac n Cheese
*One Pot Recipe
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 pound lean ground beef or chicken
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 2 cups elbow macaroni
- 2 1/2 cups elbow macaroni
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Heat oil in a deep sided sauté pan and cook the ground meat with onion, garlic and taco seasoning.
- Once the meat is cooked through, stir in the brown sugar, tomato sauce, water, milk and macaroni.
- Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to a simmer and but the lid on to continue cooking for 10-12 minutes.
- Stir occasionally to keep noodles from sticking to the bottom.
- Once the liquid is reduced and the noodles are cooked al dente stir in the cheese and cook till the cheese is fully melted and it is the consistency of Mac and cheese.
- Serve with sprinkling of cilantro and sliced avocado.
Click here to follow Sassy Mama on Facebook.