Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta
Monday, November 2nd 2020, 3:40 pm
Creamy Sun-dried Tomato Pasta
*One Pot Recipe*
- ½ cup sun dried tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 oz. fettuccine or penne pasta
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- Freshly cracked pepper
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 oz. cream cheese
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- Chop the sun dried tomatoes into small bite-sized pieces.
- Add the butter and garlic to a deep skillet or Dutch oven.
- Sauté the garlic over medium heat for about one minute, or until it is very fragrant. Be careful not to let the garlic burn.
- Add the fettuccine, sun dried tomatoes, dried basil, some freshly cracked pepper, and the chicken broth to the skillet.
- If needed, break the fettuccine in half to make sure it is all the way in the broth.
- Place a lid on the pot and bring to a boil.
- Once it boils, stir and reduce the heat to a low simmer.
- Let the pasta simmer in the broth for 7-10 minutes, or until most of the broth is absorbed and the pasta is tender, stirring every couple of minutes and always replacing the lid.
- Keeping the heat on low, cut the cream cheese into chunks and stir it into the pasta.
- Once the cream cheese has melted, add the milk and stir until a smooth sauce forms.
- Finally, add the grated Parmesan over top and stir until it has melted into the sauce.
- Serve with extra freshly cracked pepper, if desired.
Click here to follow Sassy Mama on Facebook.