Pineapple Sheet Pan Shrimp Tacos
Monday, September 28th 2020, 1:09 pm
By: News On 6
TULSA, Okla. -
Heather Berryhill is back for us this afternoon with another easy at-home recipe. In today's cooking corner she's going to show us how to make one pan pineapple shrimp tacos.
- 1 1/2 LBS LG SHRIMP, PEELED AND DEVEINED
- 2 TBSP EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL
- 3-4 CLOVES GARLIC, MINCED OR GRATED
- 2 TSP CHILI POWDER
- 1 TBSP LOW SODIUM SOY SAUCE
- 1 TBSP SRIRACHA
- SALT & PEPPER
- 2 C FRESH PINEAPPLE CHUNKS
- 1 MEDIUM SHALLOT, THINLY SLICED
- 1 JALAPENO
- 1/2 C PLAIN GREEK YOGURT
- JUICE OF 2 LIMES
- 2 TSP HONEY
- 1 C CILANTRO, ROUGHLY CHOPPED
- 1 EAR RAW OR GRILLED CORN
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- On a baking sheet, toss together the shrimp, 1 tbsp olive oil, garlic, chili powder, soy sauce, sriracha, and a pinch each of salt and pepper
- Arrange in a single layer on one side of the pan. To the other half of the pan, add the pineapple, shallot, and jalapeno. Toss with 1 tbsp olive oil. Transfer to the oven and roast 8-10 minutes or until the shrimp is cooked.
- Turn the oven to broil and broil for 1-2 minutes, until the pineapple has charred.
- Remove from the oven and toss the shrimp and pineapple together. Set aside.
- To make the sauce, de-seed the jalapeno, if desired. To a blender, add the yogurt, roasted jalapeno, juice of 1 lime, honey, and ¼ c cilantro. Blend until smooth. Season with salt.
- Toss together the remaining ¾ c cilantro, the corn, juice of 1 lime, and pinch of salt.
- Stuff the shrimp and pineapple into the warmed corn or flour tortillas.