Wednesday, September 23rd 2020, 1:10 pm
By: News On 6
TULSA, Okla. -
Heather Berryhill is back for us this afternoon with another easy at home recipe. In today's cooking corner she's going to show us how to make a Mexican soup, perfect for fall.
- 2 LBS GROUND HAMBURGER MEAT
- 1 ONION (DICED)
- 4 CLOVES GARLIC (CHOPPED)
- OLIVE OIL
- 1 26 OZ CAN OF RANCH STYLE BEANS WITH JALAPENO PEPPERS
- 2 C FROZEN CORN (ADD WATER TO COVER) OR 1 CAN OF CORN
- 1 10 OZ CAN ROTEL DICED TOMATOES & GREEN CHILIES
- 1 CAN PETITE DICED TOMATOES
- 1 16 OZ BLOCK MEXICAN VELVEETA CHEESE
- 1 PKG TACO SEASONING
- 1.5 TO 2 C BEEF BROTH
- TORTILLA STRIPS
- LIME WEDGE
- In a large pot, brown diced onion in olive oil. When onions are translucent, add hamburger.
- Brown hamburger with onion. Drain fat. Pour back into pot.
- Add all remaining ingredients to pot. Cook together until all are combined.
- Simmer until cheese is melted and soup is hot and bubbly. Top with tortilla strips, fresh avocado slices, and chopped cilantro.