Missing Oklahoma Man Found Alive 3 Weeks After Disappearance

Tuesday, May 19th 2020, 9:11 pm

A missing Oklahoma man was found alive three weeks after he disappeared from Hennessey. Tuesday, he contacted family from a Fort Worth nursing home. Now, his daughter and police are still working to connect the dots.

According to family members, Ronnie Rea was hospitalized days after he was first reported missing on May 3.

Police said someone found him unconscious. But no one knew he need dialysis treatments for weeks.

 “It's been a very bizarre case, for almost two weeks it was like he fell off the face of the earth,” said Assistant Hennessey Police Chief Ed Cangiano. 

“All I could think was this is it, he's gone,” said daughter Shelbi Rea. 

But Tuesday, Rea's daughter, Shelbi got the news she thought would never come. 

“He’s got a long road to go, he had stints put into his heart,” said Rea.

According to police, while investigators feared the worst as weeks went by, he had been in good hands after an unknown person found him unconscious in an apartment in Fort Worth, Texas.

“We're just very happy that we found him alive. It was starting to look like it was going to be a tragic event,” said Cangiano.

Since then, he had been receiving medical care.

“I guess for the majority of the time that we've been looking for him he's either been in the hospital or this nursing home,” said Cangiano.

Now, the search continues for Rea's Jeep, his cell phone, and the money emptied from his bank account.

“Fort Worth Police Department was able to pull that footage and confirm that it was not my dad that had made that transaction or had used his card for that transaction rather,” said Rea.

And while Shelbi is hopeful the answers will come, for now she's taking one day at a time.

“The biggest thing is that he is still here with us and I didn't have to break the kind of news I thought I was going to have to my son,” said Rea.

Rea is in a nursing home and his family may not be able to see him because of COVID-19 precautions.