Family, Friends Gather To Remember Man Killed In OKC

Monday, September 24th 2018, 10:05 pm
By: Amy Avery

A Tulsa man killed in Oklahoma City is being remembered one year after his death.

Noah Stacy Ruff Was shot 13 times in the front yard of the man accused of his death and his family wants justice.

His family says Noah was someone who always wanted to help people and they believe he had even driven the accused man to work a few times in the weeks leading up to his death.

But now, one year after their son was killed, they are sharing his story to help his memory live on.

“I don’t want to see no other family go through this,” said Noah’s mother, Trevia Ruff.  “No one should have to live through what I’ve lived through for the past year.”

Ruff says she saw her son two weeks before he was murdered.  She says she wishes she could go back in time just to relive their last conversation.

“I wish I could’ve told my baby I loved him,” she said.  “I never knew two weeks later I would be planning my son’s funeral.”

5/8/2018 Related Story:  OKC Murder Victim Remembered With Tulsa Balloon Release

Noah, who also went by the name Stacy, was living in Oklahoma City at the time of the shooting.  Investigators say he was shot multiple times.  The man accused of killing him, Darris Brooks, was one of his co-workers.

“That was the real blow, to find out it was someone my baby knew,” said Ruff.

“He didn’t deserve it.  He didn’t deserve this,” Noah’s sister said.

Brooks was arrested four days after the shooting.  According to court records, Brooks has a lengthy criminal history and even had a warrant out for his arrest at the time of the shooting.

“If they would’ve picked him up last year, my baby would still be here,” Ruff said.  “I feel like they didn’t do their job to get this man off the streets.”

But Noah’s mom just hopes her son’s killer will be behind bars for good this time around, so that no other family has to bury their child.

“Your children are supposed to bury you,” Ruff declared.  “It’s not supposed to be the other way around.”

Brooks is expected to go to trial in January.