Turkey Fryer Causes Fire


Thursday, November 27th 2008, 10:29 am
By: News 9


News9.com

OKLAHOMA CITY -- Firefighters said an overnight house fire was caused by a turkey fryer.

Fire crews said the homeowner had been cooking in a sun room around 8 p.m. Wednesday. The room caught on fire around 2 a.m.

"We advise people not to cook with those things indoors. They're not made for cooking in a structure, period," Chief Rusher with the Oklahoma City Fire Department said.

The fire spread to a neighboring home before crews were able to put it out.

The home where the blaze started suffered an estimated $40,000 in damage. There was only minor damage to the second home.

No one was injured in the fire.