30 mushrooms, stems removed
30 pieces of escargot
15 oz of Chevrie goat cheese
½ cup white wine
1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
½ cup tarragon leaves
For compound butter:
½ cup butter
½ shallot, finely chopped
1 minced garlic clove
2 teaspoons thyme, finely chopped
1 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped
1 tablespoon celery, minced
Salt & Pepper, to taste
For citrus aioli:
1 ½ cups mayonnaise
1 teaspoon garlic, minced
1 orange, juice and zest grated
1 lemon, juice and zest grated
2 teaspoons sugar
Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Cream ½ cup butter with shallots, garlic, parsley, thyme, celery, salt and pepper to create a compound butter.
2. Heat up a sauté pan. Add the escargot and the compound butter. Cook the escargot for 3 minutes and set them aside.
3. Pour the Panko breadcrumbs into a shallow dish. Fill the mushrooms with Chevrie and gently press them into the bread crumbs.
4. Place escargot in the center of each mushroom cap and place them in a baking dish.
5. Pour the melted butter from the pan and the white wine into the baking dish.
6. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 5 to 10 minutes or until the Panko is golden brown
7. While mushrooms are cooking, combine all ingredients for citrus aioli in a bowl and mix well.
8. Pull out mushrooms. Garnish with tarragon leaves and drizzle with a citrus aioli. Serve.