Apartment Fire Sparked in Kitchen

Friday, February 20th 2009, 5:33 pm
By: News 9


OKAHOMA CITY -- Oklahoma City firefighters battled an apartment fire at 451 Tinker Diagnol Friday evening.

The apartment resident said the fire began in the kitchen, but everyone was able to get out of the apartment safely.

The fire burned through the outer chimney and through the door of the upper level apartment where the blaze began.

Fire officials said the apartment suffered extensive fire damage, but they were able to put out the flames quickly.

The apartment below suffered some water damage and eight other units were affected by smoke damage.

The exact cause of the fire is being investigated.