OKLAHOMA CITY -- Four families are homeless after a fire rips through a Southwest Oklahoma City apartment complex. Fire crews responded to the Reding Square Apartments near Southwest 36th and South Douglas Avenue around 1:30 Sunday morning.
A resident called 911 saying she woke up to her living room engulfed in flames.
"Right now we're looking at some space heaters as a possible cause," said Oklahoma City Fire Department Battalion Chief Randy Cornelius.
Four of the building's eight units were destroyed. Fire officials say it's about $75,000 in damage.
The Red Cross is working to find those families a place to stay.