Victims of Konawa Drug Overdose Warn Others Of The Dangers 'Designer Drug'


Wednesday, May 11th 2011, 5:13 pm
By: News 9


Jon Jordan, News 9

OKLAHOMA CITY -- Madison Wolf and Colton Simons believe they are lucky to be alive after taking the hallucinogenic drug 2C-E during a party last weekend.

"According to the doctors, I flat lined twice," Simons said.

Simons and Wolf are two of eight who took the drug 2C-E while staying overnight at a house in Konawa. Drug officials said 2C-E has similar effects to popular drugs like ecstasy and LSD.

"It was a powerful drug," Wolf said. "We didn't know what we were getting into."

Both Wolf and Simons along with six of their friends began having seizures shortly after taking the hallucinogenic drug. All had to be rushed to the hospital.

One of their friends, Stacy Jewell, was transported to Integris Baptist Hospital where authorities said the 22-year-old died from a drug overdose.

"She was always full of energy, full of excitement. She was cool. She was very unique, and I feel for her family," Wolf said.

The young adults obtained the drug from Cody Weddle, 20, who, investigators with the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation said, bought the drug off the Internet.  

Weddle has since been arrested for first-degree murder, something Wolf and Simons both disagree with. They said they are the ones responsible because they chose to take the drug, not their friend.

"I don't feel right with everyone just blaming him," Simons said. "It was an act of ignorance on our part, no one made us take it."

Both Simons and Wolf said the only reason they are speaking out is, they hope, to help Weddle get out of jail and to warn others about the dangers of drugs like 2C-E.

"If we can teach one child, 'look, the first time you try something it can kill you,' then this ordeal will not have been a total loss," Wolf said. "We are lucky to be sitting here right now."