Xin Xin Liu, News9.com
UPDATE: OKLAHOMA CITY – Oklahoma City Fire Department battled a garage fire in Northwest Oklahoma City Sunday morning.
The fire started in the garage of a duplex, located at N.W. 16th and East Ave. The resident was able to get out of the duplex in time to report the fire.
No one was injured in the fire. Chief of the Fire Department says there were only old mattresses in the garage and it is unknown what could have caused the fire.
Due to extreme heat, firefighters were allowed to wear only t-shirts and shorts under their gear to avoid getting overheated.