Candle Starts Fire At Northwest Oklahoma City Storage Facility


Monday, January 30th 2012, 8:12 am
By: News 9


A man moving some of his belongings by candlelight sparked a fire early Monday morning at Best Wes-Ten Storage near N.W. 10th Street and Tulsa, according to Oklahoma City firefighters.

Firefighters said the man was working in his unit around 5 a.m. and using candles to provide light. The candles started a fire that quickly spread to eight storage units.

Fire crews arrived at the scene within minutes. They managed to put out the fire, but 20 to 30 storage units sustained fire, water or smoke damage.

Firefighters planned to spend several hours at the scene monitoring hot spots. Police closed part of N.W. 10th Street while firefighters battled the flames.