Cigarette Cause Of Fire At NW OKC Apartment Complex


Thursday, December 6th 2012, 8:48 am
By: News 9


Firefighters extinguished a fire at an apartment complex in northwest Oklahoma City early Thursday morning.

According to the fire department, at about 2:40 a.m. Thursday, crews responded to the fire at the Pinehurst Apartments, located at 12301 N. MacArthur Boulevard in Oklahoma City.

Several apartments were evacuated as firefighters battled the blaze. No one was injured in the fire.

Two units at the apartment complex were damaged.

Fire officials say a tenant was smoking on the balcony and threw away a cigarette. But when she came back outside, the balcony was on fire.